[docs] [issue11676] imp.load_module and submodules - doc issue, or bug?

Dave Peck report at bugs.python.org
Tue Mar 29 00:52:05 CEST 2011

Dave Peck <davepeck at gmail.com> added the comment:

Definitely could agree with this assessment, but it is surprising given the lack of parallel behavior between 'import' and 'imp'.

Note that imp.load_module(subpackage) _does_ modify the parent module's attributes -- but it will never put the subpackage attribute itself on parent. That's the part that made me think it shouldn't work this way and that its more bug than documentation. (That, and the specific use of the imp module in Google's dev_appserver.py which indicates that others have the same expectation of load_module() that I did.)