[docs] [issue11977] Document int.conjugate, .denominator, ...

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Fri May 6 19:31:58 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

> Also I want to point out that I find the information very hard to
> find as a human. The fact that integers are based on `numbers.Number`
> is -- at this point in time where 95% of all Python developers don't
> know about the `numbers` module or abstract base classes in general
> -- an implementation detail and as such should not affect the way
> `int` is documented.
Not really: int is not based on numbers.Number, but the ABC serves as documentation.

> I propose to have decent class references for int, str, ... similar
> to the reference for dict -- that is, document all attributes and
> methods in one place and make them referencable.
Hum, I think this should be fixed, but not with tons of text containing duplicated information (once for int, once for long, once for float...)  Ezio: you recently fixed a similar problem with collections ABCs methods; what’s your opinion here?

nosy: +ezio.melotti