[docs] [issue12028] threading._get_ident(): remove it in the doc and make it public
report at bugs.python.org
Mon May 16 15:56:24 CEST 2011
STINNER Victor <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> added the comment:
The threading API changed in Python 3 with the PEP 3108, especially and issue #2875. Extract of the PEP:
* People should use 'threading' instead.
* Rename 'thread' to _thread.
* Deprecate dummy_thread and rename _dummy_thread.
* Move thread.get_ident over to threading.
* Guido has previously supported the deprecation ."
The issue was closed by the commit [7fe3a8648ce2], "Issue #2875: Rename thread to _thread and dummy_thread to _dummy_thread."
nosy: +brett.cannon, georg.brandl
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the docs