[docs] [issue12192] Doc that collection mutation methods return item or None

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri May 27 20:58:59 CEST 2011

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

Darn, I knew there might be an exception I was overlooking ;-).
Anyway, I considered the general statements to be drafts, to be rewritten after comments.

As to the footnote (9) suggestion: the set and dict sections list each method separately with normal entries, so there is not no problem with adding 'and returns None' to those that need it. The mutable sequence section is unique in instead putting all the methods in a condensed table. 'return None' could be added to some lines in the table, but not others.