[docs] [issue13353] documentation problem in logging.handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler for 2.7

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Sun Nov 6 04:24:02 CET 2011

New submission from Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com>:

User (Yoann Roman) report on docs@ maillist:

----

The docs for logging.handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler in Python 2.7 say that the "utc" keyword argument was added in 2.7:
http://docs.python.org/library/logging.handlers.html#timedrotatingfilehandler

This isn't correct, however, since it was available as of 2.6 (I verified the source as well):
http://docs.python.org/release/2.6/library/logging.html#timedrotatingfilehandler

It did appear to change to True/False in 2.7 instead of 0/1 in 2.6. I'd recommend changing it to indicate this or removing the fact that this was added in 2.7 altogether.

components: Documentation
keywords: easy
messages: 147138
nosy: docs at python, eli.bendersky
priority: low
title: documentation problem in logging.handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler for 2.7
versions: Python 2.7