[docs] [issue12875] backport re.compile flags default value documentation

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Sat Nov 12 06:51:20 CET 2011

Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> added the comment:

Hmm, I've just notice that this [default=val] pattern already exists in the 're' docs in 2.7, for example:

  subn(repl, string[, count=0])

So my change was consistent within the documentation of this module.

No doubt, the conventions are currently a mess ;-)

I suggest to just convert the whole 're' RST page to the new 3.x convention (i.e. model it after the same RST in the default branch). Is this acceptable? If yes, I will submit a patch for review first.