[docs] [issue11836] multiprocessing.queues.SimpleQueue is undocumented
report at bugs.python.org
Mon Nov 14 20:50:20 CET 2011
sbt <shibturn at gmail.com> added the comment:
> Well, the sentinels argument, right now, is meant to be used
> internally. I don't think it's a good thing to document it,
> since I don't think it's a very clean API (I know, I introduced
> it :-))
Wouldn't a better alternative be to have a wait function which can deal with readable pipe connections and integer handles?
On Unix this would just delegate to select().
On Windows it could work as follows:
* initiate an overlapped read on each connection
* call WaitForMultipleObjects()
* cancel each overlapped read
* continue any read which succeeded but only gave a partial message
* store read messages on associated connection objects
I did start on such a patch. It worked, but I did not get round to writing tests for it...
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the docs