[docs] Bug reporting in documentation

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 12:42:13 CET 2011

Hello Avi,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:08, Avi Kapoor <avi.kaps at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
> I''ve started learning python 2.4 as its supports the other tools related to
> my project.

2.4 is a rather old version of python. If you're completely new to the
Python language, I strongly suggest to start with Python 3 (3.2 is the
latest release) since it's the future of the language and where we're
moving to. If instead you're requirements forces you on the 2.x
series, then the suggestion goes to use Python 2.7 (which is the
latest and last version of Python 2.x).

> Lately i found a bug on Section 4.4 "break and continue Statements "

As said, 2.4 is and old version of python and we don't change its
documentation, but since what you reported is a common
mis-understanding of the code example, we did actually add a note to
clarify the code snippet:
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/controlflow.html#break-and-continue-statements-and-else-clauses-on-loops

Regards,