[docs] 3.2.2 epub docs broken

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 12:54:31 CET 2011

Hello Allan,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:04, Allan Bonadio <allan at tactileint.com> wrote:
> the epub versions of the 3.2.2 docs are really zip files.  As downloaded
> from this dir:
> http://docs.python.org/py3k/download.html
>
> iTunes wouldn't accept them for my iPad.  And, after de-bunzip2 or unzip,
> you get a dir with Python.epub in it.  But that file seems to be a zip
> archive, with HTML files inside.  The filename list is very similar to the
> html version of the docs (which I also downloaded, which works well for my
> laptop).
>
> (now maybe epub is really a zip file with html, not sure, but unzip worked
> on both.)

Indeed, the EPUB file is actual a zip archive on XHTML pages placed in
specific directories, you can look at [1] and the references from that
page.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB#Version_3.0_.28current_version.29

I don't know about EPUB support on Apple devices, but on the wikipedia
pages there are mentioned some application able to read EPUB files on
iOS systems.

Regards,