[docs] [issue13437] Provide links to the source code for every module in the documentation

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Sun Nov 20 13:26:20 CET 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

Hi Julian, thanks for your interest in improving Python and welcome!  It is Raymond who initially added these links, and I helped porting them between versions.  The criterion can be read in the commit message: “Provide links to Python source in a handful of cases where the source is a generally helpful adjunct to the docs” (from http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/fdd3681b1439/).  Not all modules have source code that is easy or helpful to read; not all modules have Python source code (itertools doesn’t).  I think Raymond is not willing to add links for all modules, but if you have a list of specific names which would benefit from source links, I’m sure he will consider them.

assignee: docs at python -> rhettinger
nosy: +eric.araujo, rhettinger
versions: +Python 3.2