[docs] [issue13437] Provide links to the source code for every module in the documentation

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Mon Nov 21 13:06:16 CET 2011

Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> added the comment:

There are usually two cases that lead me to check the code:
1) The documentation is incomplete, not clear, missing, or plain wrong;
2) I want to check how something is implemented, mostly just out of curiosity;

Regarding the first case, in theory the docs should be informative and correct enough to not require you to go and check the code.  If they aren't you can report issues and we can improve it.
The second case applies to pretty much any module.  Linking to the code might also expose some internal details that should be just ignored by the user.  The code in some modules is also pretty old and might be a "bad" example (because it doesn't use modern conventions).
Some of the modules you listed are actually packages, so that would require to link to several files.