[docs] [issue12436] Missing items in installation/setup instructions

Mike Hoy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 7 20:30:03 CEST 2011

Mike Hoy <mhoy09 at gmail.com> added the comment:

> mostly to recommend Notepad++ I think.

In addition to Notepad++ do you think it would be a good idea to at least mention Vim and Emacs with a disclaimer about the learning curve?

> For Windows users, added a section about how to use a terminal and

Do you think it would be a good idea to add instructions on how to add Python to the Path in Windows? It could be 'borrowed' from the Boston Python Workshop Page I would think. It's pretty long but useful considering how much trouble I have had having to do this myself under Windows.