[docs] [issue13124] Add "Running a Build Slave" page to the devguide

Stefan Krah report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 7 21:30:32 CEST 2011

Stefan Krah <stefan-usenet at bytereef.org> added the comment:

I think the whole security paragraph should be deleted. The
discussion on python-dev has overstated the risks.

Anyone who is *that* security conscious and in effect does
not trust the Python committers should also audit the thousands
of lines of ./configure and any code that is executed by
`make install`, to name a few "security risks".

What I would like to see in the devguide is a cookbook shell
script with minimal comments that interested persons can
simply run.

The easiest way for me (I'm running two bots) was to install
Python-2.7 from source, then pip, then `pip install buildslave`.
(Yes, as root :). That automatically gets everything right and
you don't depend on stale packages from the distro.

nosy: +skrah