[docs] Hard Copy Documentation

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:05:35 CEST 2011

Hello John,
this mailing list is to fix bugs/propose enhancement to the python
documentation, but your question is not so off-topic :)

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 17:41, John Rowland <astrojohn at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> >From where can I obtain hard copy documentation - preferably in the form of
> proper books - on all aspects of Python?
>
> I have already bought the book Natural Language Processing with Python, and
> whilst this is useful, it is not a reference manual. What I need is a book
> with all the commands, statements, expressions etc. listed (ideally
> alphabetically) along with their syntax.
>
> I'm the sort of guy that starting from and given the ">>>" prompt, want to
> know what my options are in response to this. I also need more explanation
> on all sorts of things. As an example, "Import". What does this actually do?
> What does import really mean? Where is the imported item stored? What
> happens if I import when I've already imported? That sort of thing.

I looked quickly on the python.org website and end-up on this wiki
page: http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks . It seems like a good
starting point, hope  you'll find what you're looking for.

Cheers,