[docs] [issue13191] Typo in argparse documentation

Mike Hoy report at bugs.python.org
Sun Oct 16 22:09:04 CEST 2011

New submission from Mike Hoy <mhoy09 at gmail.com>:

In the Docs mailing list a typo was pointed out in argparse docs.

http://docs.python.org/dev/library/argparse.html#metavar

> "So, a single positional argument with dest='bar' will that argument
> will be referred to as bar."

> "So, a single positional argument with dest='bar' WITH that argument
> will be referred to as bar."

Eli Bendersky:

> I agree the original sentence makes little sense. But I'm not sure
> your correction fully fixes it either - "a single positional argument
> ... with that argument" doesn't sound right.

> Perhaps it should just say:

> "So, a single positional argument with dest='bar' will be referred to  > as bar" ?

Patch says "So,a single positional argument with dest='bar' will be referred to as bar"

components: Documentation
files: typo-argparse.diff
keywords: patch
messages: 145636