[docs] Little demo program for curses with Python's Howto (lineograph.py)

Edoardo edonan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:07:56 CEST 2011

Hi,
reading the curses programming HOWTO
(http://docs.python.org/dev/howto/curses.html) I noticed it lacks a
full running demo.
Moreover, the document ends inviting developers to contribuite with a
short program.

I took such invitation and this is my two cents: a program that turns
the terminal into a lineographic tool (kind of Etch A Sketch).
It uses only the curses facilities explained in the HOWTO (except
window.getmaxyx(), that is trivial) and works with both Python 2.7.1+
and Python 3.2.
Input controls are arrow keys to paint and "q" to quit.

I hope I have been helpful. Best regards,
Edoardo Nannotti