[docs] [issue12185] Decimal documentation lists "first" and "second" arguments, should be "self" and "other"

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Wed Oct 19 22:49:01 CEST 2011

Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> added the comment:

Sorry, I'm going to reject this one.  I applied the patch and looked at the generated docs, finding them to be less readable than before.  AFAICT, we've had no issues with people mis-reading the text as currently presented.   Also, I looked back at the underlying spec, http://speleotrove.com/decimal/daops.html , and found that it tended to refer to first and second operand.  I would like to keep our docs as close to that as possible.

resolution:  -> rejected
status: open -> closed