[docs] [issue13235] logging.warn() is not documented

Vinay Sajip report at bugs.python.org
Sat Oct 22 13:00:19 CEST 2011

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> added the comment:

> Just to me it clear - why do you want warn() to be removed aside from code

> duplication?
>
> My argument to leave it and document is that it is convenient and makes lines
> shorter (and won't break existing code). From logging module I also see that
> there are also logging.WARN aliases that you'll need to deprecate also.

Sorry, I don't agree. I was happy to leave it as is until you raised this issue, but now I think the right thing to do is deprecate and remove warn(). I'm not too fussed about the WARN level, and I can't easily issue a deprecation warning for it as it's a module attribute, so I'll leave it in as an internal implementation detail, for which the usual caveats apply.