[docs] GUI building with Python

Joel Montes de Oca joelmontes01 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:48:52 CEST 2011

Hello folks!

First, I would like to say, great job on the documentation! I love it.

The reason I am emailing you good people is to see if there's any chance
that the Python documentation team may write a tutorial on how to build
GUIs with Python.

I know there's a hundred programs out there to build GUIs and writing
one tutorial for one program would be inefficient but can at least the
concept of using GUIs with Python be written about?

My current issue:

I have enough Python under my belt where I can build very small/simple
programs. I want to build a GUI for these programs but the documentation
on how to do this is either overly complicated or not clear enough..

I wish there were a tutorial that teaches how to build a 1 window
application with 1 button that when the user clicks it, it will display
a message that says, "Hello World!" Something like this will include all
of the basic knowledge for creating the GUI files and using Python to
call them up...

Maybe another simple tutorial can be something like a calculator that
adds two numbers and spits out the sum. Simple stuff..

When I Google for Glade tutorials I find out-of-date tutorials that
cover a program that is fairly complicated with a lot of focus on coding
instead of the basics: Creating the GUI files, Using Python to call and
load those files, passing signals, etc.

So.. Is there any chance a basic tutorial on GUIs with Python may be
made for us noobs? :)

Thanks,

Joel Montes de Oca