[docs] [issue13275] Recommend xml.etree for XML processing

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Thu Oct 27 17:44:20 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

It makes sense that SAX and DOM would be mentioned in the tutorial: SAX is similar to how HTMLParser works and is used in many languages; DOM is the official W3C API and is used in many languages, despite its ugliness.  ElementTree is not a very elegant API in my opinion, but the majority seems to disagree as it was included in Python 2.5, so I wouldn’t object to a one-line edition in the doc to suggest it.

If you’d like to work on a doc patch, here are guidelines:
http://docs.python.org/documenting
http://docs.python.org/devguide

nosy: +eric.araujo