[docs] GUI building with Python

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 02:55:48 CET 2011

Hello Joel,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 18:48, Joel Montes de Oca
<joelmontes01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> First, I would like to say, great job on the documentation! I love it.

Thanks!

> The reason I am emailing you good people is to see if there's any chance
> that the Python documentation team may write a tutorial on how to build GUIs
> with Python.

Honestly, I don't think so. The aim of the python documentation is to
document the python language and the standard library. Python already
distributes a simple GUI mechanism: Tkinter.

If you want more, you need to look outside the standard library, and
so also for external documentation. There are tons of very well
written tutorials about GUI designing: choose what's the library you
want to use (f.e. in the linux world, the mail GUI libraries are:
GTK+, QT and WX), and once you define that, go for the GUI designer
ad-hoc for it.

Regards,