[docs] [issue11155] multiprocessing.Queue's put() signature differs from docs

Senthil Kumaran report at bugs.python.org
Mon Sep 5 17:49:49 CEST 2011

Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com> added the comment:

anikom15's first patch seems correct. In the multiprocessing.py, the the arg 'obj' can be safely replaced with 'item' to be consistent with the docs. As this is not a keyword arg, it does not stand any chance of breaking any backwards compatibility. It looks me to that when multiprocessing' Queue.put was coding the first arg was wrongly mentioned as 'obj' instead of 'item'.

I shall commit the first patch unless someone objects to the above reasoning.

assignee: docs at python -> orsenthil
nosy: +orsenthil