[docs] Documenting Python - finding a task

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:13:11 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 21:44, Martin Stolle <m.stolle85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to help documenting Python. I already read the devguide and the
> documenting instructions (Still have to read the apple docs though). I also
> checked out the Python source and build the documentation. The problem I
> have is that I don't know which issue to pick.
>
> I would like to start with something easy in order to understand the whole
> process of submitting, reviewing etc.
>
> Thank you for your help and time.
>
> Kind regards
> Martin

Hi Martin,

You can start by helping triage the issues reported to this mailing list (
docs at python.org). It gets a few reports a day on average, many of which
aren't real problems. It would really help for another set of eyes to test
the reports and verify whether they represent true problems or
misunderstandings. If this is the former, you can open an issue on the bug
tracker and submit a patch. If it's the latter, then you've already helped
both the submitter (by providing an answer quicker than others) and other
core devs (one less report to look at).

Good luck,

Eli