[docs] [issue12970] os.wlak() consider some symlinks as dirs instead of non-dirs

Марк Коренберг report at bugs.python.org
Tue Sep 13 15:02:12 CEST 2011

New submission from Марк Коренберг <socketpair at gmail.com>:

Consider code:

for (root, dirs, nondirs) in os.walk(path, followlinks=False):
    print (nondirs)

This code will not print symlinks that refer to some dir. I think it is the bug.

In other words: If followlinks is True, we should consider some symlinks as dirs. If not, any symlink is the non-dir.

Patch included.

Also, please fix documentation about this nuance.

components: Documentation, Library (Lib)
files: z.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 143965
nosy: docs at python, mmarkk
title: os.wlak() consider some symlinks as dirs instead of non-dirs
type: behavior
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.1, Python 3.2, Python 3.3, Python 3.4
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file23140/z.patch