[docs] Suggestion on Python documentation

Hessu heikki.rissanen at rissanen.cc
Sun Sep 18 12:19:11 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I have been programming with 10+ languages at some point of my life but
I'm new in Python so some things just pop up when I'm trying to understand
the world of Python.

I suggest that the documentation should include much more examples or links.

Here's one example from: http://docs.python.org/library/os.path.html

"os.path.abspath(path): Return a normalized absolutized version of the
pathname path. On most platforms, this is equivalent to
normpath(join(os.getcwd(), path))"

I'm sure that this explanation is probably very true but a simple example
would make it also useful.

Anyway, thanks for the great work you're doing.

T: Hessu

Heikki Rissanen
Email:heikki.rissanen at rissanen.cc
Tel:+358 (0)40 579 7116