[docs] [issue14512] Pydocs module docs server not working on Windows.

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Tue Apr 10 04:45:34 CEST 2012

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> added the comment:

Hmm, we changed a few things with the way the back end server for pydoc works in 3.2. I didn't realise there was a Windows shortcut though, and I don't know how it gets generated. It sounds like it is still using the "-g" option, which is now deprecated.

If you run "pydoc -b" from a command line window, does that work correctly?

("-g" should still work as well, even though it's deprecated, but knowing whether or not "-b" is also broken may help diagnose the problem)

assignee: docs at python ->
components:  -Documentation
nosy: +ncoghlan