[docs] Comment on a section 7.2.5.7.

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 10:14:48 CEST 2012

Hello Ovidius,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Ovidius Publius Naso
<ovidius.exile at gmail.com> wrote:
> My comment does not affect the validity of the example
> given in section 7.2.5.7. "Finding all Adverbs and their
> Positions", but its misleading title.
>
> The reason is that none all adverbs end on "ly" (e.g. well,
> fast, slow, tight) and not all words ending on "ly" are
> adverbs (e.g. bully, friendly, Italy, apply, supply), or there
> are words whose type depends on situation (e.g. ugly)

I don't think the subject wants to be universally true, so it won't
present a regex to find all the possible adverbs in any sentence, but
it juts wants to show how to find the adverbs in the sentence:

    "He was carefully disguised but captured quickly by police."

which of course is crafted ad hoc to have adverbs ending in 'ly'.

Regards,