[docs] Looking to contribute

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 10:11:29 CEST 2012

Hello Sebastiaan,
thanks for your offer of contribution!

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Sebastiaan de Haan
<sebastiaan at sebastiaandehaan.nl> wrote:
> Hey Guy's
>
> I'd like to help out with the python project and have read the documentation
> on the website. Still a bit unsure as to where to go next but I'd like to
> take a shot at the following issue: http://bugs.python.org/issue1722
>
> It is my understanding that this is a relatively easy issue to get one's
> feet wet in the world of contributing.

Yep it could be the right first step indeed.

> Please be gentle and sorry for any
> grammatical errors, English is not my first language.

Just note that several of us are not native English speakers, but
being fluent in English is very useful when dealing with
documentation. It doesn't want to discourage you, just a warning. Be
sure that there will be native speakers that will correct you in case
something is very wrong :)

> Please let me know if you have any tips/comments/suggestions about this
> issue, or my contribution in general.

About that specific issue, take care of the notes where not every
function in __all__ should be documented. About contributing, did you
read the http://docs.python.org/devguide/ ? There it's written how to
checkout the Python source code (that contains documentation too) and
prepare patches.

Regards,