[docs] [issue11776] Constructor signatures missing in types module documentation

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Thu Aug 23 18:14:53 CEST 2012

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

LambdaType is a synonym for FunctionType. There should be just one entry, as currently, but perhaps make that a bit clearer, as one could misread the current line as saying that FunctionType is the type of def statements and LambdaType is the type of lambda expressions. This misunderstanding appears in python-list discussions occasionally. So I think I would write

types.FunctionType(sig....)
types.LambdaType synonym for FunctionType

Create a function ....