[docs] [issue14006] Improve the documentation of xml.etree.ElementTree

Florent Xicluna report at bugs.python.org
Sun Feb 26 23:39:44 CET 2012

Florent Xicluna <florent.xicluna at gmail.com> added the comment:

FWIW, Fredrik, who is the creator of ElementTree, had a preference for JavaDoc conventions, as explained here: http://bugs.python.org/issue6488#msg102087

They are compatible with the tool PythonDoc, authored by Fredrik too:
http://www.effbot.org/zone/pythondoc.htm

However, I agree it makes sense to turn them into docstrings if the package is only maintained in the standard library.

BTW, the issue 6488 is still opened. I did not check if there's something left to do before to close it.
There's also a patch attached to issue 2864, which need some review.

dependencies: +ElementTree documentation refers to "path" with no explanation, and inconsistently
nosy: +effbot