[docs] [issue13766] explain the relationship between Lib/lib2to3/Grammar.txt and Grammar/Grammar

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jan 11 11:59:14 CET 2012

New submission from Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang at gmail.com>:

Lib/lib2to3/Grammar.txt seems like a modified copy of Grammar/Grammar. Can you state so somewhere, maybe in the beginning of Lib/lib2to3/Grammar.txt (the Note section).

One problem with the way it is now, is that there are changes done to Grammar/Grammar that are not put into Lib/lib2to3/Grammar.txt. Maybe they are minor, but I think we don't want them diverging too much.

Another problem is that the Note on Lib/lib2to3/Grammar.txt maybe irrelevant, since this is not the authoritative Grammar file.

components: Documentation
messages: 151055
nosy: docs at python, tshepang
title: explain the relationship between Lib/lib2to3/Grammar.txt and Grammar/Grammar
type: enhancement