[docs] [issue12409] Moving "Documenting Python" to Devguide

Sandro Tosi report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jan 11 20:59:16 CET 2012

Sandro Tosi <sandro.tosi at gmail.com> added the comment:

Hi,
i'm at last back with some work to show; I've integrated all the "Documenting python" doc into devguide, and the commits are in this sandbox: http://hg.python.org/sandbox/morph-devguide/shortlog/a92d431ef749 (`documenting` branch).

I took the files from default branch and merged all of them in a single page. It might be a bit log, but it has the advantage (at least for me) that there you can find all the info you need for documenting python, a ctrl+f works and you don't need to follow tons of links to find what you're looking for.

then I've removed all the info from default branch (here: http://hg.python.org/sandbox/morph/shortlog/e9a4276b19d4 in default-documenting branch) which left only documenting/index.rst as mainly a reference to the devguide.

I don't know what would be the best way to handle this transition on the python doc side, maybe converting that to a simple Doc/documenting.rst as it's now index.rst? but what text to left?

Comments are very welcome!

stage: needs patch -> patch review