[docs] [issue12409] Moving "Documenting Python" to Devguide

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jan 13 18:13:37 CET 2012

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

About the devguide patch:

a) The part about C roles and directives should probably mention version specifics (:cmacro: for 2.7, :c:macro: for 3.x) — unless you make this bug dependent on updating Sphinx to 1.0 for 2.7 and then all versions use new-style :c:.

b) You probably want to use ref:documenting instead of :doc:documenting (we always use ref)

Not related to your patch, but it made me think about them so I’m just putting it out there for comments: Not sure we should keep the reST basics or just redirect to docutils and Sphinx docs.  Likewise, maybe it’s time to stop mentioning the old Latex-based docs.  (A nit: there are a few instances of `markup` that should be :file:`etc` or ``code``.)

About the cpython patch: You could just have said “rm Doc/documenting” :)  Georg, will you be the one to set up the docs.python.org redirects?