[docs] [issue15251] new.code and new.function crashes Python iterpretter

Jeffrey Harper report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 5 00:20:44 CEST 2012

Jeffrey Harper <jeff1.61803 at gmail.com> added the comment:

Martin,

Thanks for your response.  I didn't know it was possible to pass freevars and cellvars to new.code.  I think the documentation needs to be updated.  The documentation for 2.7.3 located at http://docs.python.org/library/new.html?highlight=new#new.code is as follows:

new.code(argcount, nlocals, stacksize, flags, codestring, constants, names, varnames, filename, name, firstlineno, lnotab)

After I got your reply to this bug report I did help(new.code) and I see that it includes freevars and cellvars as optional arguments.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation -Library (Lib)
nosy: +docs at python