[docs] [issue15243] Misleading documentation for __prepare__

William Schwartz report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 5 21:59:06 CEST 2012

William Schwartz <wkschwartz at gmail.com> added the comment:

Daniel, Good point. However it would still be useful for documentation to point out that __prepare__ can be passed the metaclass as the implicit first argument by being decorated by classmethod.

I'll post a small patch when I get a chance to add a sentence saying as much in the documentation and reorganize the test cases in Lib/test/test_metaclass.py to make it part of the narrative of the doctests.