[docs] Inconsistency about .pth files

David Raimosson david.raimosson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 17:46:13 CEST 2012

Hi all!

I've found what I believe is an error in the documentation.

When reading about the great .pth files on this site:
http://docs.python.org/install/index.html#modifying-python-s-search-path,
it says that "The most convenient way is to add a path configuration file
to a directory that’s already on Python’s path". That's what reality shows
works as well.

When reading about the same .pth files here:
http://docs.python.org/library/site.html#module-site, it says "A path
configuration file is a file whose name has the form *name*.pth and exists
in one of the four directories mentioned above". It seems to me that the
text states that there are only four valid directories where a .pth file
can reside to be found, which is not true.

Kind regards

David Raimosson