[docs] [issue15292] import hook behavior documentation improvement

Brett Cannon report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jul 20 19:50:49 CEST 2012

Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> added the comment:

So I can't reproduce the problem under Python 2.7.3, Python 3.2.3, or a fresh checkout of Python 3.3. This is with both your script, Anders, and writing my own class that defined find_module() to just raise ImportError that I set in either sys.meta_path or in sys.path_importer_cache (both ways let the ImportError propagate).

This means I'm not sure exactly what problem you are encountering. Is this on an older version of Python 2.7? Do you have a unit test that can be run  which shows the test failing under Python 2.7 but passing under Python 3.3?

status: open -> pending