[docs] [issue15269] Document dircmp.left and dircmp.right

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jul 25 04:34:10 CEST 2012

Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> added the comment:

Makes sense. I agree that publicly exposing the left/right attributes makes sense. But let's do it properly:

1. Add an example to the documentation
2. Add some tests to Lib/test/test_filecmp.py that verify these attributes behave as expected

In addition, I think it makes a lot of sense to add an optional "stream" argument to the report() and report_*() methods, to at leas allow reporting to some custom channel and not solely stdout. The report() method does a lot more than your simple example demonstrates, and it's not very easy to replace its functionality.

Would you like to submit a full patch for this?