[docs] [issue15439] Include Misc/ACKS names into the documentation

Chris Jerdonek report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jul 25 07:58:18 CEST 2012

Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> added the comment:

Okay, thanks for clarifying.  Then I have no strong opinion.

However, if Doc/ACKS.txt is retained, then I think the Dev Guide should mention Doc/ACKS.txt just as it mentions Misc/ACKS:

http://docs.python.org/devguide/patch.html#preparation

And it should include instructions for when to update which files, and the patchcheck script should be suitably modified.  With only ~230 names versus Misc/ACKS's ~1160 , I'm surprised that Doc/ACKS.txt does not have more names -- especially given that it's not uncommon for documentation changes to accompany code changes (or so one might think).