[docs] [issue15439] Include Misc/ACKS names into the documentation

Martin v. Löwis report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jul 25 08:39:42 CEST 2012

Martin v. Löwis <martin at v.loewis.de> added the comment:

I don't know how Doc ACKS is maintained, but I think the devguide is fine as it stands, whether or not Doc ACKS is preserved or not. People should put themselves into Misc/ACKS if they made a contribution, period.

If people need to be acknowledged separately for contributing to the documentation, I think only major contributions (such as writing the documentation for a yet-undocumented module) should be explicitly acknowledged.

I think this all started from the documentation having initially Guido van Rossum given as its sole author, and then later Fred Drake. So Doc/ACKS.txt may have been an attempt to correct the impression that these two are the authors, but I think it went into the wrong direction (eventually leading to the creation of issues such as this one)