[docs] [issue12982] .pyo file can't be imported unless -O is given

Michael Herrmann report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jun 12 13:57:37 CEST 2012

Michael Herrmann <mherrmann.at at gmail.com> added the comment:

Hi,

I need to use a third-party library that ships as a mixture of .pyc and .pyo files. I found it a little surprising and inconvenient that I have to set the -O flag just to read .pyo files. I don't mind whether .pyc or .pyo files are being created during compilation, I just want to be able to read from both .pyc and .pyo files without having to use the -O flag. Can somebody fix this? I unfortunately have absolutely no clue how.

Thanks!

components: +Interpreter Core -Documentation
nosy: +mherrmann.at