[docs] [issue12982] Document that importing .pyo files needs python -O

Eric O. LEBIGOT report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jun 14 15:08:03 CEST 2012

Eric O. LEBIGOT <eric.lebigot at normalesup.org> added the comment:

Terry, it seems that the doc I was quoting is for version 1.5.1 (http://docs.python.org/release/1.5.1p1/tut/node43.html). I can't find it in more recent versions of the doc. I should not have quoted an obsolete version of the documentation—I'm not sure how this happened. :)

I am not fully sure why -O is essentially required for running .pyo files: why not have the Python interpreter handle everything automatically based on the extension?