[docs] [issue15063] Source code links for JSON documentation

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jun 16 18:41:45 CEST 2012

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

The source links were added by Raymond for selected modules that he judged readable, well-written and useful companions to the documentation.  For the json.encoder and decoder modules, I don’t think this is the case: the rst doc should explain well the behavior of the default encoder/decoder and how to subclass to change this behavior.  Did you see something interesting in the code?  I only had a look through it quickly, and saw the mix of C and Python code (which can be non-trivial to follow) and a dubious idiom (binding globals as locals to optimize access on CPython—doesn’t work on PyPy).  My opinion is -1; what do other people think?

nosy: +eric.araujo, rhettinger
versions: +Python 2.7, Python 3.2