[docs] [issue15183] it should be made clear that the statement in the --setup option and the setup kw arg aren't included in the count

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jun 25 20:02:00 CEST 2012

New submission from Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang at gmail.com>:

I looked at 'python -m time -h' and the timeit doc, and it was not clear to me (after a quick read) that the statement(s) inside --setup option and setup keyword argument weren't included in the speed test. I had to check for myself by writing code.

components: Documentation
messages: 163999
nosy: docs at python, tshepang
title: it should be made clear that the statement in the --setup option and the setup kw arg aren't included in the count
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.2, Python 3.3