[docs] bug report: inconsistent use of PyUnicode_FromString and PyString_FromString "5.3. Pure Embedding"

Denver Coneybeare denver at sleepydragon.org
Fri Jun 22 08:04:27 CEST 2012

Hello,

I was just perusing the Python docs, reading about extending Python with
C.  I found a minor typo at

http://docs.python.org/dev/extending/embedding.html#pure-embedding

Line 16 of the code sample is:

     pName = PyUnicode_FromString(argv[1]);

But later on in the section, after the code sample, it shows a snippet of
this code, but instead uses a different C function:

     pName = PyString_FromString(argv[1]);

I'm not sure if PyUnicode_FromString() is correct or PyString_FromString()
is correct, or if it doesn't matter at all.  But whatever the choice, these
should probably be made to be the same.

I am emailing this address as documented at
http://docs.python.org/dev/bugs.html

Thanks!

--Denver