[docs] [issue14245] float rounding examples in FAQ are outdated

John Roth johnroth1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:00:38 CET 2012

I keep looking at this issue. What rattles around in my head is the
satori I had when I first heard "integers are for things that are
counted, floats are for things that are measured." Possibly something to
the effect that "the industry standard for floating point is intended
for measurements, which are never absolutely precise. Thus floating
point, by its nature, will not usually represent factions as precisely
as one would like."