[docs] Request for pre-built .CHM on Doc Download page

Nam Nguyen bitsink at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:40:01 CET 2012

Hi,

Before 2.7, one can easily find .CHM files in the Documentation
download page. When 2.7 come out, the only way to get CHM files is
downloading the Windows installers (EXE or MSI), installing it on
Windows, and grabbing the CHM files. This is unwieldy.

I am on a Mac at work, have a desktop running Linux and Windows at
home. In all cases, I usually rely on the CHM file. It is
self-packaged, indexable, and easily searchable. There are CHM readers
out there that work across different OSes such as the cross platform
xCHM.

Therefore, I'd like to request for a prebuilt .CHM file for download,
in addition to what there already are.

Thanks,
Nam
PS: Same content on http://bugs.python.org/issue14289