[docs] [issue14342] In re's examples the example with recursion doesn't work

Matthew Barnett report at bugs.python.org
Sat Mar 17 03:41:20 CET 2012

Matthew Barnett <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> added the comment:

As far as I can tell, back in 2003, changes were made to replace the recursive scheme which used stack allocation with a non-recursive scheme which used heap allocation in order to the improve the behaviour.

To me it looks like an oversight and that the example should have been removed at the time, but unfortunately was retained and just updated in subsequent releases to refer to the Python version ("python3.2" in this case).