[docs] typo in shutil.move documentation?

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 18:22:56 CEST 2012

Hello Charles,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:10, Charles Hamilton <chamilton at dyercpa.com> wrote:
> The destination directory must not already exist. If the destination already
> But that's not correct; if a directory doesn't exist before trying to move a
> file into it, shutil.move raises an IOError (as you'd expect). Please let me
> know if I'm not correct on this. Thanks!

What is tries to say is that: if you want to move directory A into
directory B but B/A already exists (so B contains already a
subdirectory named A), then you'll get an error.

On the other hand, if you want to move file f into directory B but B/f
already exists (so B already contains a file name f) then it might get
overwritten.

Regards,