[docs] doctest directives not displayed in online documentation for 2.7.3

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat May 5 20:31:45 CEST 2012

Hello Hobson,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Hobson Lane <hobsonlane at gmail.com> wrote:
> The doctest directive example code blocks on the doctest documentation
> page do not contain the described directives
> (http://docs.python.org/library/doctest.html) , approximately 1/3 of the way
> down the page.
>
> Perhaps sphinx or  is hiding all python doctest string comments and
> processing the doctest directives rather than displaying the raw code block?

Yep the problem is that sphinx is currently ignoring doctest
directives[1]; it was fixed in the upcoming sphinx 1.1[2]. I think we
will have to update the sphinx versions we're using to fix it - it
will be a slow process but we'll get to it :)

[1] https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/169/strip-doctest-comments-in-rendered-output
[2] https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/changeset/d91bf8e465ef

Regards,